4 May 2012

Ganso Sushi 元祖寿司

My favourite revolving sushi chain - Ganso Sushi (元祖寿司) also has an outlet at Nakano Sun Mall. How could I miss the opportunity to drop by for a few plates of sushi on my way to Nakano Broadway.

The special offers of the week would be displayed all at the entrance glass panels. Sure to attract customers to enter the shop.

Uni - my favourite! and super cheap as well!

The shop is actually very small, with almost no walking space. And at 5pm, there were surprisingly quite alot of people in the shop.


Hmm what sushi should I eat first? This hamachi (yellowtail) looks tempting...

This is good stuff! Look at the thickness of the fish. I especially like the "red portion" of the hamachi.


Hotate (scallops) looks delicious as well...  

So is the ika geso (squid tentacles) 

Negitoro (minced tuna). And 3 pieces in a plate! Great for negitoro lovers like me. 

Look at the size of the Anago sushi!

Aji (horse mackerel) - very common sushi in Japan, but not widely found in Singapore. 


Saba (mackerel) - it is sliced very thinly in Singapore, but look at the size of this one!

The maguro akami vs toro.. what a great difference in the fish quality... so is the price!

Half and half - a new item in Ganso Sushi, gives you the option to try more sushi, not having to eat double portions of the same item. I got the salmon and scallop as it was rolling out the conveyor belt. 

More salmon for me as 1 piece wasn't enough.


Everybody's ordering Uni - let me get one too! ok ok the presentation is not as nice, but hey it's only 168 yen a plate, what can you expect. already super cheap. 

This is what they call salmon harasu (or fatty Salmon belly). Look at the gleaming fats from the fish. I've got my collagen supplement for the day!

Ebi (prawn) sushi. I prefer the raw ebi to the cooked ones as they are more crunchy to the bite.

Last order I must have when I visit Ganso Sushi is the Tsubugai mayo. This is also one of the reason why my favourite revolving sushi shop is Ganso Sushi. Many customers may order Tsubugai sushi, which is actually Whelk, but their version with mayonnaise is really delicious. 

Ganso revolving sushi may not serve delicate or high quality sushi, but it wins on freshness, big portions and definitely super cheap! Prices start from JPY105 per plate. Even when I had 9 plates, with some at JPY126, total bill only cost me slightly above JPY1000, which is really super value for money. 

Gansou Sushi 元祖寿司
5-56-6, Nakano Sun Mall, Nakano ku, Tokyo
東京都中野区中野5-56-6
Open daily: 11am - 10pm
Nearest train station: JR Nakano / Subway Nakano, North exit 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...